Spoiler alert : I wouldn't recommend booking Sayulita as your only destination if you are planning a trip to Nayarit.
Truthfully, friends had told me about this place for the last 5 years or so, saying how wonderful it was, a little quaint surf town with a fun vibe, low-key and not very touristy. All of these things rung my bell for a cheap destination only 6 hours from Vancouver, so when Julia asked me to come with her for a wedding, I couldn't resist. I think Sayulita is far enough from Puerto Vallarta that it feels really laid back in comparison, but as I discovered, the further away from PV you go, the better it gets.
- More low-key than Puerto Vallarta
- Great mix of local flavour with some upscale delights
- Golf Carts everywhere
- Great people
- There is raw sewage pumped out into the ocean ( they are working on it )
- Depending on when you go, it is touristy / busy.
- Not as cheap as you might expect...
- Food is just average overall, this is not your authentic Mexican destination you may be looking for, but a great place to vacation.
Where to Stay :